Every school shall have a functioning Student Government Association, Parent Teacher Association and Alumni Association is the first motto of #Familyhood. It seems very basic. However, one can travel from one school to the next and witness one school has one of these organizations and not another. We believe in order for all students to have equal education, these three basic organizations are essential. When a school has these three main organizations functioning, #familyhood plants the seed in the minds of its students to graduate from school and to return as an alumni to support the future students. Therefore, the school grows each year not only by its student enrollment, but also through its active recruitment of Alumni. And since many alumni live close to the schools they attended, the community benefits from the added intelligence it gains each year. This concept is what we call “The Big Head” – the school grows in intelligence each year through its graduates.
About The Author
- 50 years ago this coming Jan/Feb- Dr/ Martin Luther King Jr wrote the book “Where Do We Go From Here” – Join Hotep as he explores!
- 7th Annual UNIA Marcus Garvey Awards @Somali Court, the former home of the Garveys (1929-1935) located at 38 Lady Musgrave Road in New Kingston, recognizing ordinary Jamaicans doing extraordinary things. Wednesday August 17, 2016 @ 19:14 (7pm). All Proceeds to Charity!
- 59th Government of the UNIA International Convention in Queens, NY
- 1stSaturdays is a global initiative to build schools through their 3 main organizations
- SEP10 Dr. Boyce Watkins & Resurrecting Black Wall Street